Thursday, March 22, 2012

Lisa: My First Flower Show!

Aloha!! I had a great opportunity that happened over the weekend. I got to attend the world's largest international flower show! The Philadelphia Flower Show, which was Hawaiian themed! I just wanted to share my experience with all of you. On the way to the show, I was shaking with anticipation. I kept looking over at my boyfriend that courted me to show, and telling him. "I am so siked for this, are you!?".. "I'm so pumped up!" Walking into the building the energy changed. I immediately was taken back by the surreal scent of the Hawaiian blooms. It was so relaxing. Its like I could feel all the life in the room. I've never seen so many exotic plants in my life.
This was one of the first things that caught my eye. This is called a King Protea, it grew in Maui before being transported into Philadelphia. Beautiful isn't it? The man that was selling these gave his woven necklace to my boyfriend. It was made out of tea leaves!

You can see the necklace in this picture! Me and my boyfriend appreciate the world's unique trees. So when we seen that their was drift wood available we were pretty excited. Kenneth picked out this piece that was lacquered. It was from the Kona beach. Pretty neat!

Walking into the convention room was awesome. They had this amazing protective wave ceiling. It made you feel like you were underwater. Very neat. I didn't get any pictures of it sadly. I seen this beautiful canopy and wandered toward it.

It was beautiful, I almost feel like I was wandering through a tropical rainforest.

Then when I seen this, I knew I was! It was a waterfall! It was pretty awe inspiring.

After this, I roamed through a jungle of different floral displays. I loved them. I took a ton of pictures of them.

This was pretty, I loved the blue lights.

Loved This.

Its too bad you weren't able to sit in these displays, because I totally seen me in these chairs reading a book. I wish parks looked like this.

Surfs up! Oh.. wait. That's volcanic! Eep! That's one brave starfish.

Shut up! This is beautiful! Its like you would see this kind of stuff in a magazine. Seating in the oasis.

Now this was Hawaii inspired but Celtic themed. Since I was born in Ireland, this touched me! I loved it.

I'm also a cosmetologist. So, I was really really inspired with these headdresses.

This one was my favorite.
This was Ken's favorite!

Isn't this amazing?! I never thought of doing this. Flower petal art! From a distance, this looks like a painting. What a surprise when I got up close.

Completely constructed with flowers. Super pretty.

I thought this was pretty creative!

This gave me ideas. I love window ledge gardens.

I left my favorite display for last. This honestly took my breath away!

Aloha in Hawaii is used to say Hello and Goodbye. So its like the islander's never say goodbye. Which I think is beautiful.

So Aloha, until next time.

~Lisa xx

P.S. Afterward we went to The Vegan Tree on South St. I totally recommend it. Amazing food.

No comments:

Post a Comment