Friday, March 9, 2012

Wow! The Ford Flower Blog has started….
I’ve been dreaming about it for the past few years; what will it look like, what the heck will we write about, etc, etc. So I’m ready to jump in and share my passion and experiences with flowers and the interesting customers and people I come across in my world.

I will also be sharing the blog space with fellow employees and guest bloggers. Thank you for coming along for the ride and hope you enjoy the peek behind the curtain here at Ford Flower Shop.

SO LET'S GET STARTED...................

Being a third generation florist, I am often told how lucky I am to be around flowers all day. I’ve been mulling this over in my mind and you know what, I’VE BEEN TAKING FLOWERS FOR GRANTED! Yes I’m around flowers when I walk in the door in the morning, when I’m helping a customer choose just the right arrangement, but when is the last time I really just sat back and enjoyed flowers at my desk or in my home, where they we just for me?
So, I am setting a personal challenge for the next 12 week: I pledge to work flowers in to my life beyond my every day interaction at the shop. I also pledge to share my experiences here on the blog. This challenge is really going to be an onerous one, lol, imagine treating yourself and others to flowers.
I walked into the cooler today to choose my first flowers and these bright yellow gerbera just jumped right out. The size of the blooms are larger than I’m used to seeing and the color is very vibrant.


Ok, I’ll be back next week with my experience and I’ll let you know what I’m doing this weekend that I haven’t done in over 20 years…..

No comments:

Post a Comment